As we all focus on our individual businesses, I always find it helpful to track broader sales trends in the fixed index annuity business. Linked Here Are 2nd Quarter 2014 FIA Sales Results. Some key takeaways include:
- Q2 2014 sales were $12.6 billion, up 36.5% when compared to Q2 2013. Take away: FIAs are gaining market traction and impressive growth!
- Allianz Life remained the #1 carrier with $3.8 billion and 30.38% market share. Allianz is on track to have over $14 billion in sales, double their sales from 2013. Take away: these products are popular with consumers.
- American Equity remained a solid #3 carrier with $1.0 billion in sales. Gold Eagle members have also seen a great run in AEL stock, which now trades around $24 per share.
- Great American and Athene rounded out the top 5 carriers in Q2.
- We also see great momentum with Equitrust and F&G life, which has just introduced one of the top guaranteed income products in the industry.
I’d encourage you to subscribe to Industry Analyst Sheryl Moore’s weekly email of articles and news for our industry at www.looktowink.com. Call our Product Support team to find out what’s hot.